A Simple Gift for Mum
In honour of Mom's birthday, I sewed a little travel case for her undies and things, something for weekend trips to Iowa, Wisconsin and other country dwellings where her loved ones reside (to visit me so far away, she'll need something a bit more substantial). The pattern is from Akiko Mano's inspiring book, Linen, Wool, Cotton and it was so fun to make. I found myself singing as I stitched. It helps that I used the treadle. I love sewing on her. Amazing, isn't she?
That's the finished case, all wrapped up with a pretty bow. Mom says she clutched it to her heart when she open the package. Aaaw. I'm just grateful she gave me this life, taught me to sew and held the light for me to grow strong and independent, like she.
That's the finished case, all wrapped up with a pretty bow. Mom says she clutched it to her heart when she open the package. Aaaw. I'm just grateful she gave me this life, taught me to sew and held the light for me to grow strong and independent, like she.
Sending you love,
K



Comments
Post a Comment